Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan
The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program has been activated by the Governor to provide short-term, interest-free loans to businesses impacted by COVID-19. Administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) in partnership with the Florida SBDC Network and Florida First Capital Finance Corporation (FFCFC), the bridge loan program is a short-term, interest-free loan program designed to help businesses bridge the gap between the time damage is incurred and when a business secures other financial resources, including payment of insurance claims or longer-term U.S. Small Business Administration loans.
Loan Application Process
1. DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
To be an eligible business applicant, all of the following must be true:
- The business must have been established and actively operating a business physically located in Florida prior to the date of the designated disaster (March 9, 2020).
For purposes of this eligibility requirement, actively operating an established means carrying out the performance of activities for the production of income from selling goods or performing services.
- Business must be a for-profit, privately held small business that has or had a minimum of two (2), but no more than one hundred (100), employees within the previous year of the date of the declared disaster (March 9, 2020).
For purposes of this eligibility requirement, a minimum of two employees means the aggregate number of W-2 employees, “1099 employees” (i.e. independent contractors), and leased employees.
- The business must have repaid, in full, any previous Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan.
- The business applicant must demonstrate that the business has suffered a significant economic injury and unable to pay current ordinary and necessary operating expenses as a result of COVID-19.
If you are eligible, continue to Step 2.
2. GATHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Save all documents as PDFs)
- Business Tax Statements (Previous Two Years; if unavailable, provide an explanation)
- Employer Tax Statements (e.g. IRS Forms 941, W-3, W-2s, 1099-MICSs)
- Personal Income Tax Returns for Each Applicant (Previous Two Years)
3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
- If you prefer to complete a hard copy application, download the application by clicking here, complete it in full, and submit it with the required support documentation by mail or courier to:
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
C/O Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan
107 E. Madison Street, MSC-160
Tallahassee FL 32399-4120