Sarasota County Emergency Management
Flash Report #9
Dear Sarasota County families,
Out of an abundance of caution, and for the safety of our thousands of families and students in Sarasota County, we wanted to share that two students in our district have been excluded from school by the Department of Health (DOH). The DOH has excluded these students due to their contact with an individual who has since tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
It is important to note that at this time, the two students are well. It is the Department’s understanding that the contact did not occur in Sarasota County. It is important to note that at this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Sarasota County.
For the safety and privacy of the two excluded students and their families, DOH and Sarasota County school district officials will not be disclosing which school(s) these students attend. Per the DOH, there is still a low risk of exposure to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) at our schools. Both students will be excluded from school and monitored. If these students have not developed further illness and are well, they will be released by the DOH and return to school. Please see attached for Sarasota County Emergency Management’s latest report, Flash Report #9.
Please continue to help us keep all our children healthy and safe by following (and reinforcing) these important CDC and DOH tips:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap & water for at least 20 seconds, every time you wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth, especially with unclean hands
- Cough into the sleeve of your shirt (or tissues that are properly disposed of)
- Consider getting a flu vaccine, if you haven’t done so already
- Avoid sharing food and drinks with others
- Continue to eat healthy foods, exercise and get adequate sleep
- Students/staff/teachers with a fever should be excluded from school until they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours
–Sarasota County Schools